my life in pictures and words

Mix the Flames

I made my father-in-law a cover for his stand mixer. He had mentioned that he likes a flame print so I went to Joann’s and found two flame prints. This was the better looking of the two. I then did some research on pinterest and used my own cover as a template. (I had purchased my cover before I started sewing.)

Based off the research from pinterest and my cover I cut the pieces.

Close up of print.

“Quilting” pattern for the pocket piece.

Quilted piece.

My first time using the overlock foot.

This is what the overlook foot makes the thread do. It acts as a serger-ish type stitch.

Completed cover.

I had a fun time making this cover though it was a bit difficult at times. I wasn’t sure if it would be too short or too small but it actually fit pretty perfectly. The only thing I would change is that I would make it a little longer.

Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: