One of my friends likes to crochet and has several hooks but not enough space to hold them. So I thought about making this Sew Together Bag. I had bought the pattern when we were still in Ohio, before I learned about PDF patterns. I was a bit intimidated by this pattern but after making a few other things I realized that it would only be as intimidating as I made it.
So I started working on it and found that it really wasn’t that hard to make. As long as you take it one step at a time. Here I’ve gotten all three zipped sections sewed and put together. I think the hardest part is at the end when sewing the bias tape onto the edges. It also could’ve been the hardest part for me because my thread kept getting pulled up and into a ball.
After re-threading several times and taking a short break I finally got it completed. After I finished it I realized that I probably should have used a color of thread that matches the bias. But my friend loves the color green so I just kept it.
Here is a close-up of bias and thread color.
The completed inside.
Speaking of green, these are the prints that I used to make her a blanket.
She loves the celtic look too, so it all worked out. I used this foot for the first time and found that I LOVE IT! I don’t remember the name of the foot but just know that I love it. Haha!
This was also the first time that I used this binding method my mom found on you tube.
Here is the front side.
And the backside.
I’d had this material for a year before I got it sewed up so I’m glad that I got it done and finally gave it to her.