This is one of my first t-shirt patterns that I purchased. It took me a few months to actually sew one and then about another year before I sewed my next one.
I was intimidated by the v-neck and had a bit of trouble the first time sewing it. I also hadn’t taken into account the fact that my fabric would shrink when washing and so I didn’t have enough fabric to make two separate shirts like I had planned.
I used the two colors that I had of this same print and made one shirt. It actually came out pretty good.
Here is the neckband. You can see that there is white and black on the topside. It’s because when I went through the first time I missed some material. I went through a second time to catch it and ended up sewing it on the opposite side. Oops.
A close-up of the V. It looks pretty good, in my opinion, for being my first time sewing something like this.
Here you can see that I used two different colors. It was almost a year before I even wore it outside because I thought it looked funny. The two colors were supposed to be two wearable muslins but because of shrinkage I ended up making only one.
I wore it to work at the Community Commons and my boss said that she didn’t even notice that it was two different colors. So maybe I’ll wear it out again. I don’t know.