In Summer 2013, we went into overdrive with improving our yards. We mowed almost twice a week, removed all the plantage that was in our front beds and replaced it with peonies, hydrangeas, and mint, and we started a small container garden.
Along those fun projects, I also wanted to liven up our back yard beds. So I decided to go flower shopping and found these fun and pretty little things. I don’t remember what their name is, lo siento. I started out by placing them where they were to be planted, according to the space required.
Here’s a better shot of what the flowers look like. So pretty! I love the purple/blue petals.
Then I started to dig the soil where it was to be planted.
Mixed in some topsoil.
Removed the flowers from the container and then broke up the roots a little so they could expand and grow.
Then I placed it in the hole and covered it up with more topsoil.
Look at the difference between the topsoil and Ohio “soil”. Haha!
Here is one side of the bed completed. I then completed the other side but I guess I didn’t take a picture.
These flowers didn’t last long. We went on a trip and when we came back they were all dead. =( Boo. Maybe when we go back we’ll replace them.
edited with instagram, photogrid, and pixlr express